About this book
Based on the successful 2014 book published by Apress, this textbook edition is expanded to provide a comprehensive history and state-of-the-art survey for fundamental computer vision methods and deep learning. With over 800 essential references, as well as chapter-by-chapter learning assignments, both students and researchers can dig deeper into core computer vision topics and deep learning architectures. The survey covers everything from feature descriptors, regional and global feature metrics, feature learning architectures, deep learning, neuroscience of vision, neural networks, and detailed example architectures to illustrate computer vision hardware and software optimization methods.
To complement the survey, the textbook includes useful analyses which provide insight into the goals of various methods, why they work, and how they may be optimized.
The text delivers an essential survey and a valuable taxonomy, thus providing a key learning tool for students, researchers and engineers, to supplement the many effective hands-on resources and open source projects, such as OpenCV and other imaging and deep learning tools.
Computer vision Deep learning Feature learning Feature descriptors Image processing Computational imaging Neural networks 3D reconstruction Deep neural networks Computational neuroscience Convolutional neural networks DNN CNN Computer engineering Signal processing Image processing
- Book Title Computer Vision Metrics
- Book Subtitle Textbook Edition
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-33762-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-33761-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-81595-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-33762-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 637
- Number of Illustrations 192 b/w illustrations, 139 illustrations in colour
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
Signal, Image and Speech Processing
- Buy this book on publisher's site