About this book
This book goes beyond the well-worn sexual education advice and the usual evolutionist psychology. After The Brain Snatcher, Pere Estupinyà comes back with the first popular science book on sex aimed at a wide audience. While there are some tips for the more adventurous, there is also a wealth of new information to be discovered.
Distancing himself from the many books on advice or techniques, Estupinyà brings sex to another dimension by combining popular beliefs and science. Do you want proof that our decision-making in the “heat of the moment” is less rational than we think? Did you know that mind and vagina each go their own way? Are you interested in learning about the effects of yoga on sexual pleasure? Did you know about the attempts in the 60s to “cure” homosexuals with electric shock therapy, the chemical analysis of female ejaculation, or the fundamental relationship between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system? The author has spoken directly with asexual and intersexual individuals, fetishists, multi-orgasmic women, women who never have orgasms through penetration, and men who have no refractory period. He has also participated in sadomasochistic events; learned tantric techniques with a couple of coaches, spoken with porn performers at Barcelona’s Bagdad, and attended workshops in which a woman teaches how to have orgasms with your mind and breathing. The result is an incredible miscellany of information that appeals to both the scientific community and the curious.
- Book Title S=EX²
- Book Subtitle The Science of Sex
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-31726-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Copernicus, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-31725-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-31726-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 370
- Number of Illustrations 12 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Popular Science in Nature and Environment
- Buy this book on publisher's site