About this book
The main topics you will find in “ICME-13 Topical Survey” include:
• Discussions of methodological issues in the history of mathematics education and of the relation between this field and other scholarly fields.
• The history of the formation and transformation of curricula and textbooks as a reflection of trends in social-economic, cultural and scientific-technological development.
• The influence of politics, ideology and economics on the development of mathematics education, from a historical perspective.
• The history of the preeminent mathematics education organizations and the work of leading figures in mathematics education.
• Mathematics education practices and tools and the preparation of mathematics teachers, from a historical perspective.
- Book Title History of Mathematics Teaching and Learning
- Book Subtitle Achievements, Problems, Prospects
- Series Title ICME-13 Topical Surveys
- Series Abbreviated Title ICME-13 Topical Surveys
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-31616-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- License CC BY-NC
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-31615-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-31616-1
- Series ISSN 2366-5947
- Series E-ISSN 2366-5955
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 40
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Teaching and Teacher Education
Learning & Instruction
- Buy this book on publisher's site