About this book
This exciting volume brings together leading figures across existential psychology in a clear-sighted guide to its current practice and therapeutic possibilities. Its accessible yet scholarly presentation dispels common myths about existential psychotherapy while demonstrating core methods and innovative techniques as compatible with the range of clinicians’ theoretical orientations and practical approaches.Chapters review the evidence for its therapeutic value, and provide updates on education, training, and research efforts in the field, both in the US and abroad. Throughout, existential psychotherapy emerges as a vital, flexible, and empirically sound modality in keeping with the current—and future—promotion of psychological well-being.
Highlights of the coverage include:
· Meaning-centered psychotherapy: a Socratic clinical practice.
- Experience processing as an aspect of existential psychotherapy: life enhancement methodology.
- Structural Existential Analysis (SEA): a phenomenological method for therapeutic work.
- Experiencing change: an existential perspective.
- Creating the World Congress for existential therapy.
Clarifying and Furthering Existential Psychotherapy will spark discussion and debate among students, therapists, researchers, and practitioners in existential psychology, existential psychotherapy, and allied fields as well as the interested public. It makes a suitable text for graduate courses in existential therapy, psychological theories, and related subjects.