About this book
This Festschrift volume has been published in honor of
Frank de Boer, on the occasion of his 60th birthday.
Frank S. de Boer is a prominent member of the research community in formal methods and theoretical computer science. A brief look at his lengthy publication list reveals a broad area of interest and a versatile modus operandi with: logic and constraint programming; deductive proof systems, soundness, and completeness; semantics, compositionality, and full abstraction; process algebra and decidability; multithreading and actor-based concurrency; agent programming, ontologies, and modal logic; real-time systems, timed automata, and schedulability; enterprise architectures, choreography, and coordination; testing and runtime monitoring; and cloud computing and service-level agreements. For a while, he also liked failures, especially in semantics, and optimistically concluded with the failure of failures. In fact, Frank has an opportunistic approach to research. Rather than seeing obstacles, he finds opportunities.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30734-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-30733-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-30734-3
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book