About this book
This extensively revised and updated second edition of a widely read classic presents the use of ultrasound in nondestructive evaluation (NDE) inspections. Retaining the first edition's use of wave propagation /scattering theory and linear system theory, this volume also adds significant new material including:
- the introduction of MATLAB® functions and scripts that evaluate key results involving beam propagation and scattering, flaw sizing, and the modeling of ultrasonic systems.
- elements of Gaussian beam theory and a multi-Gaussian ultrasonic beam model for bulk wave transducers.
- a new chapter on the connection between ultrasonic modeling and probability of detection (POD) and reliability models.
- new and improved derivations of ultrasonic measurement models.
- updated coverage of ultrasonic simulators that have been developed around the world.
Students, engineers, and researchers working in the ultrasonic NDE field will find a wealth of information on the modeling of ultrasonic inspections and the fundamental ultrasonic experiments that support those models in this new edition.
Lester Schmerr Matlab Nde Matlab Nondestructive Evaluation Modeling Nondestructive Evaluation Modeling Ultrasonic Nde Ultrasonic Measurement Models Ultrasonic Nde Ultrasonic Ndt Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation Ultrasonic Nondestructive Testing Ultrasonic Waves
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30463-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-30461-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-30463-2
- Series Print ISSN 2198-7807
- Series Online ISSN 2198-7815
- About this book