About this book
This book presents a consistent development of the Kohn-Nirenberg type global quantization theory in the setting of graded nilpotent Lie groups in terms of their representations. It contains a detailed exposition of related background topics on homogeneous Lie groups, nilpotent Lie groups, and the analysis of Rockland operators on graded Lie groups together with their associated Sobolev spaces. For the specific example of the Heisenberg group the theory is illustrated in detail. In addition, the book features a brief account of the corresponding quantization theory in the setting of compact Lie groups.
The monograph is the winner of the 2014 Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer Prize.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-29558-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and the Author(s) 2016
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-29557-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-29558-9
- Series Print ISSN 0743-1643
- Series Online ISSN 2296-505X
- Buy this book on publisher's site