About this book
This Brief addresses the causes, assessment, and treatment of ADHD in Lebanese schoolchildren. It details how the disorder is currently defined in Lebanese elementary schools and examines schoolteachers’ understanding of and conceptions about ADHD across three domains: general knowledge; symptoms and diagnosis; and treatment. This concise volume presents the authors’ research into Lebanese schoolteachers’ knowledge of ADHD and their ability and readiness to address the psychological and academic needs of their students who have been diagnosed with the disorder. In addition, the Brief explores the teachers’ ability to identify ADHD subtypes in relation to a student’s gender within the Lebanese context, emphasizing the differing sociocultural expectations in the behaviors of boys and girls.
- Current procedures for identifying ADHD in Lebanon.
- Lebanese teachers’ knowledge about ADHD, their misconceptions, and factors that influence their opinions.
- Biases toward and confusion about disorders on the basis of perceived gender differences.
- ADHD assessment and implementation strategies for Lebanese special education professionals.
- Research questions, design, and methods as well as data collection and analysis procedures used in the study.
ADHD in Lebanese Schools is an essential resource for researchers, professionals and policymakers, and graduate students in such interrelated fields as school psychology, educational psychology, and social work.
ADHD and cultural factors and influence in Lebanon ADHD in Lebanon ADHD services and training in Lebanon ADHD subtypes and gender in Lebanon Assessment of ADHD in Lebanon Biological factors and ADHD in Lebanon Cultural differences and ADHD in Lebanon Gender differences and ADHD in Lebanon Gender discrepancy and ADHD in Lebanon Hyperactivity and inattentiveness in Lebanon Identification of ADHD in Lebanon Parents and ADHD in Lebanon Prevalence of ADHD in Lebanon Psychosocial factors and ADHD in Lebanon Symptoms and diagnosis of ADHD in Lebanon Treatment of ADHD in Lebanon
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-28700-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-28698-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-28700-3
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8363
- Series Online ISSN 2192-8371
- Buy this book on publisher's site