Table of contents
About this book
Vertebrate Sound Production and Acoustic Communication serves both as a tutorial introduction for newcomers and a springboard for further research for all scientists interested in understanding animal acoustic signals.
- Vertebrate Vocal Production: An Introductory Overview by W. Tecumseh Fitch and Roderick A. Suthers
- Fish Sound Production: An Exaptation? by Eric Parmentier and Michael L. Fine
- Vocal Sound Production and Acoustic Communication in Amphibians and Reptiles by Kaitlen Colafrancesco and Marcos Gridi-Papp
- Locomotion-Induced Sounds and Sonations: Mechanisms,Communication Function, and Relationship with Behavior by Christopher James Clark
- Embodied Motor Control of Avian Vocal Production by Daniel N. Düring and Coen P. H. Elemans
- Biophysics of Vocal Production in Mammalsby Christian T. Herbst
- Infrasonic and Seismic Communication in the Vertebrates with Special Emphasis on the Afrotheria: An Update and Future Directions by Peter M. Narins, Angela S. Stoeger, and Caitlin O’Connell-Rodwell
- Vocal Production by Terrestrial Mammals: Source, Filter, and Function by Anna M. Taylor, Benjamin D. Charlton, and David Reby
- Vocal Learning and Auditory-Vocal Feedback by Peter L. Tyack
- Vertebrate Bioacoustics: Prospects and Open Problems by W. Tecumseh Fitch
About the Editors
Roderick A. Suthers is Professor in the Medical Sciences program at Indiana University Bloomington.
W. Tecumseh Fitch is Professor of Cognitive Biology at the University of Vienna.
Richard R. Fay is Distinguished Research Professor of Psychology at Loyola University Chicago.
Arthur N. Popper is Professor Emeritus and Research Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of Maryland, College Park.
About the Series
The Springer Handbook of Auditory Research presents a series of synthetic reviews of fundamental topics dealing with auditory systems. Each volume is independent and authoritative; taken as a set, this series is the definitive resource in the field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27721-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-27719-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-27721-9
- Series Print ISSN 0947-2657
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1897
- Buy this book on publisher's site