About this book
Recent years have seen spectacular advances in the field of circadian biology. These have attracted the interest of researchers in many fields, including endocrinology, neurosciences, cancer, and behavior. By integrating a circadian view within the fields of endocrinology and metabolism, researchers will be able to reveal many, yet-unsuspected aspects of how organisms cope with changes in the environment and subsequent control of homeostasis.
This field is opening new avenues in our understanding of metabolism and endocrinology. A panel of the most distinguished investigators in the field gathered together to discuss the present state and the future of the field. The editors trust that this volume will be of use to those colleagues who will be picking up the challenge to unravel how the circadian clock can be targeted for the future development of specific pharmacological strategies toward a number of pathologies.
circadian clock sleep-wake cycles autism spectrum disorders circadian post-transcriptional control circadian rhythms suprachiasmatic nucleus
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27069-2
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and the Author(s) 2016
- License CC BY-NC
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-27068-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-27069-2
- Series Print ISSN 1861-2253
- Series Online ISSN 1863-0685
- Buy this book on publisher's site