About this book
This book provides a comprehensive understanding on disaster resilient housing within the Vietnam context particularly and the developing world generally. The book has identified the root causes of housing vulnerability, restrictions to safe housing development, concepts of disaster resilient housing, key issues/factors implementers and building designers need to consider, and ways of achieving resilient housing outcomes in actual design projects.
The design and development of disaster resilient housing has been framed into three main themes:
(i) community consultation, (ii) the role of built-environment professionals and (iii) design responses for resilience.
To achieve these themes, there is a variety of contextual and intervening conditions that need to be addressed and met to provide an enabling environment for promoting disaster resilient housing. These three themes are among the most arguable issues in recent debates and discussions, academically and practically, regarding disaster risk reduction and safe housing development. In addition, this book also provides the evidence-based design framework for disaster resilient housing upon which design ideas and solutions for safe and resilient housing can be generated and shaped.
- Book Title Developing Disaster Resilient Housing in Vietnam: Challenges and Solutions
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-26743-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-26741-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-80008-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-26743-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 245
- Number of Illustrations 71 b/w illustrations, 23 illustrations in colour
Building Construction and Design
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts
Landscape/Regional and Urban Planning
- Buy this book on publisher's site