Table of contents
About this book
Explaining how graph theory and social network analysis can be applied to team sports analysis,This book presents useful approaches, models and methods that can be used to characterise the overall properties of team networks and identify the prominence of each team player.
Exploring the different possible network metrics that can be utilised in sports analysis, their possible applications and variances from situation to situation, the respective chapters present an array of illustrative case studies. Identifying the general concepts of social network analysis and network centrality metrics, readers are shown how to generate a methodological protocol for data collection. As such, the book provides a valuable resource for students of the sport sciences, sports engineering, applied computation and the social sciences.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-25855-3
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-25854-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-25855-3
- Series Print ISSN 2191-530X
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5318
- Buy this book on publisher's site