About this book
This book presents a variety of techniques for solving ordinary differential equations analytically and features a wealth of examples. Focusing on the modeling of real-world phenomena, it begins with a basic introduction to differential equations, followed by linear and nonlinear first order equations and a detailed treatment of the second order linear equations. After presenting solution methods for the Laplace transform and power series, it lastly presents systems of equations and offers an introduction to the stability theory.
To help readers practice the theory covered, two types of exercises are provided: those that illustrate the general theory, and others designed to expand on the text material. Detailed solutions to all the exercises are included.
The book is excellently suited for use as a textbook for an undergraduate class (of all disciplines) in ordinary differential equations.
First order differential equations Second order differential equations Laplace transform Power series Fundamental solution of differential equation limit cycle
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-25735-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-25734-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-25735-8
- Series Print ISSN 2296-4568
- Series Online ISSN 2296-455X
- Buy this book on publisher's site