Table of contents
About this book
This book covers the state-of-the-art of microalgae physiology and biochemistry (and the several –omics). It serves as a key reference work for those working with microalgae, whether in the lab, the field, or for commercial applications. It is aimed at new entrants into the field (i.e. PhD students) as well as experienced practitioners.
It has been over 40 years since the publication of a book on algal physiology. Apart from reviews and chapters no other comprehensive book on this topic has been published. Research on microalgae has expanded enormously since then, as has the commercial exploitation of microalgae. This volume thoroughly deals with the most critical physiological and biochemical processes governing algal growth and production.
Nutrition Photosynthesis Secondary metabolism Large-scale culture Chemical interactions
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24945-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-24943-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-24945-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site