About this book
This second volume moves beyond a general introduction to product lifecycle management (PLM) and its principal elements to provide a more in-depth analysis of the subjects introduced in Volume 1 (21st Century Paradigm for Product Realisation).
Providing insights into the emergence of PLM and the opportunities it offers, key concepts such as the PLM Grid and the PLM Paradigm are introduced along with the main components of PLM and the associated characteristics, issues and approaches.
Detailing the 10 components of PLM: objectives and metrics; management and organisation; business processes; people; product data; PDM systems; other PLM applications; facilities and equipment; methods; and products, it provides examples and best practices.
The book concludes with instructions to help readers implement and use PLM successfully, including outlining the phases of a PLM Initiative: development of PLM vision and strategy; documentation of the current situation; description of future scenarios; development of implementation strategies and plans; implementation and use. The main activities, tasks, methods, timing and tools of the different phases are also described.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24436-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-24434-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-24436-5
- Series Print ISSN 1619-5736
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6589
- Buy this book on publisher's site