About this book
This book discusses the use of microorganisms for improving nutrient quality and producing healthier foods. Conventional roles of microbes in food preservation and in producing more readily digestible nutrients via natural fermentation processes are also examined.
Individual chapters explore topics such as bio-preservation, incorporation of lactic acid bacteria, traditional fermented Mongolian foods, fermented fish products of Sudan, probiotics in China, fermented soymilk, food colorants, and the effect of food on gut microbiota. Readers will gain insights into current trends and future prospects of functional foods and nutraceuticals. This volume will be of particular interest to scientists working in the fields of food sciences, microbiology, agriculture and public health.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23177-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23176-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23177-8
- Series Print ISSN 1862-5576
- Series Online ISSN 1862-5584
- Buy this book on publisher's site