About this book
This volume explores microRNA pathophysiology, focusing on basic concepts in molecular and cellular biology. Chapters contributed by leading scientists examine recently discovered pathways in several processes, including aging, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hematopoiesis, and mitochondrial fitness. The authors contextualize microRNAs within epigenetics and micropeptidomics, angiongenesis and atherosclerosis, endometrial pathophysiology, and more. Throughout, numerous color photographs, diagrams of molecular pathways, and tables enhance the text.
microRNA: Basic Science is an ideal companion to both microRNA: Medical Evidence and microRNA: Cancer. Taken together, these three books provide a state-of-the-art overview of this rapidly-expanding and fascinating field, from the molecular level to clinical practice. It will be invaluable to medical students, physicians, and researchers, as a complete and unique guide in the exploration of microRNA in basic science, cancer and clinical practice.
Clinical practice Epigenetics Physiology Selective treatments Targeted therapy microRNA
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-22380-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-22379-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-22380-3
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site