About this book
This book makes a consolidated guided tour to the world of sociorobots (social or socialized robots).
Sociorobots and assistive robots provide entertainment, assistance to the handicapped, companionship to the elderly, and health care to autistic children and people with dementia among others. The book provides, in a fluent educational way, all major concepts, architectures, and design methodologies. All types of sociorobots are examined, namely walking anthropomorphic, wheeled anthropomorphic, fixed-place anthropomorphic, and zoomorphic sociorobots. The book provides an outline of sociorobot intelligent control architectures, robot learning, and human robot interaction.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21422-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-21421-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-21422-1
- Series Print ISSN 2213-8986
- Series Online ISSN 2213-8994
- Buy this book on publisher's site