Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides a comprehensive introduction to the Translation Process Research Database (TPR-DB), which was compiled by the Centre for Research and Innovation in Translation and Technologies (CRITT). The TPR-DB is a unique resource featuring more than 500 hours of recorded translation process data, augmented with over 200 different rich annotations. Twelve chapters describe the diverse research directions this data can support, including the computational, statistical and psycholinguistic modeling of human translation processes.
In the first chapters of this book, the reader is introduced to the CRITT TPR-DB. This is followed by two main parts, the first of which focuses on usability issues and details of implementing interactive machine translation. It also discusses the use of external resources and translator-information interaction. The second part addresses the cognitive and statistical modeling of human translation processes, including co-activation at the lexical, syntactic and discourse levels, translation literality, and various annotation schemata for the data.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-20358-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-20357-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-20358-4
- Series Print ISSN 2197-8689
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8697
- Buy this book on publisher's site