Table of contents
About this book
· Explains key topics related to sustainable development and futures
· Clarifies the impact of emerging technologies on sustainable development
· Provides strategic frameworks in critical areas such as sustainable design, construction, and urban planning
· Includes case studies from key researchers and environmental agencies identifying pathways to sustainability
· Highlights "Critical Success Factors" that can make or break a project
This book presents state-of-the-art research and case studies on new approaches to the design, construction and planning of our cities. Emphasis is placed on the role of alternative and renewable energy in the development of urban infrastructures that enable sustainable futures. Reflecting the multi-faceted efforts required to successfully meet sustainability challenges, this book is a collaboration between practitioners and academics across a broad spectrum of specializations. Compelling research findings are explained in the context of practical implementation, enhanced by case studies from industry leaders in order to create a pragmatic reference across policy areas where environmentally aware decision making is required.