About this book
Compiled by world- class leaders in the field of collaborative information retrieval and search (CIS), this book centres on the notion that information seeking is not always a solitary activity and working in collaboration to perform information-seeking tasks should be studied and supported.
Covering aspects of theories, models, and applications the book is divided in three parts:
· Best Practices and Studies: providing an overview of current knowledge and state-of-the-art in the field.
· New Domains: covers some of the new and exciting opportunities of applying CIS
· New Thoughts: focuses on new research directions by scholars from academia and industry from around the world.
Collaborative Information Seeking provides a valuable reference for student, teachers, and researchers interested in the area of collaborative work, information seeking/retrieval, and human-computer interaction.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Collaborative Information Seeking
- Book Subtitle Best Practices, New Domains and New Thoughts
- Series Title Computer Supported Cooperative Work
- Series Abbreviated Title Computer Support.Coop.Work
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-18988-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-18541-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-37197-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-18988-8
- Series ISSN 1431-1496
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 226
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 15 illustrations in colour
System Performance and Evaluation
Information Systems and Communication Service
Methodology of the Social Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site