About this book
Compiled by world- class leaders in the field of collaborative information retrieval and search (CIS), this book centres on the notion that information seeking is not always a solitary activity and working in collaboration to perform information-seeking tasks should be studied and supported.
Covering aspects of theories, models, and applications the book is divided in three parts:
· Best Practices and Studies: providing an overview of current knowledge and state-of-the-art in the field.
· New Domains: covers some of the new and exciting opportunities of applying CIS
· New Thoughts: focuses on new research directions by scholars from academia and industry from around the world.
Collaborative Information Seeking provides a valuable reference for student, teachers, and researchers interested in the area of collaborative work, information seeking/retrieval, and human-computer interaction.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-18988-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-18541-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-18988-8
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1496
- Buy this book on publisher's site