Table of contents
About these proceedings
This book brings together leading contributions from the fifth conference on Fractal Geometry and Stochastics held in Tabarz, Germany, in March 2014.
The book is divided into five sections covering different facets of this fast developing area: geometric measure theory, self-similar fractals and recurrent structures, analysis and algebra on fractals, multifractal theory, and random constructions. There are state-of-the-art surveys as well as papers highlighting more specific recent advances. The authors are world-experts who present their topics comprehensibly and attractively. The book provides an accessible gateway to the subject for newcomers as well as a reference for recent developments for specialists.
Authors include: Krzysztof Barański, Julien Barral, Kenneth Falconer, De-Jun Feng, Peter J. Grabner, Rostislav Grigorchuk, Michael Hinz, Stéphane Jaffard, Maarit Järvenpää, Antti Käenmäki, Marc Kesseböhmer, Michel Lapidus, Klaus Mecke, Mark Pollicott, Michał Rams, Pablo Shmerkin, and András Telcs.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-18660-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-18659-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-18660-3
- Series Print ISSN 1050-6977
- Series Online ISSN 2297-0428
- Buy this book on publisher's site