Table of contents
About these proceedings
Recent developments in theory, algorithms, and applications in optimization and control are discussed in this proceedings, based on selected talks from the ‘Optimization, Control, and Applications in the Information Age’ conference, organized in honor of Panos Pardalos’s 60th birthday. This volume contains numerous applications to optimal decision making in energy production and fuel management, data mining, logistics, supply chain management, market network analysis, risk analysis, and community network analysis. In addition, a short biography is included describing Dr. Pardalos’s path from a shepherd village on the high mountains of Thessaly to academic success.
Due to the wide range of topics such as global optimization, combinatorial optimization, game theory, stochastics and programming contained in this publication, scientists, researchers, and students in optimization, operations research, analytics, mathematics and computer science will be interested in this volume.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-18567-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-18566-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-18567-5
- Series Print ISSN 2194-1009
- Series Online ISSN 2194-1017
- About this book