About this book
This volume is devoted to interactive and iterative processes of decision-making– I2 Fuzzy Decision Making, in brief. Decision-making is inherently interactive. Fuzzy sets help realize human-machine communication in an efficient way by facilitating a two-way interaction in a friendly and transparent manner. Human-centric interaction is of paramount relevance as a leading guiding design principle of decision support systems.
The volume provides the reader with an updated and in-depth material on the conceptually appealing and practically sound methodology and practice of I2 Fuzzy Decision Making. The book engages a wealth of methods of fuzzy sets and Granular Computing, brings new concepts, architectures and practice of fuzzy decision-making providing the reader with various application studies.
The book is aimed at a broad audience of researchers and practitioners in numerous disciplines in which decision-making processes play a pivotal role and serve as a vehicle to produce solutions to existing problems. Those involved in operations research, management, various branches of engineering, social sciences, logistics, and economics will benefit from the exposure to the subject matter. The book may serve as a useful and timely reference material for graduate students and senior undergraduate students in courses on decision-making, Computational Intelligence, operations research, pattern recognition, risk management, and knowledge-based systems.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Granular Computing and Decision-Making
- Book Subtitle Interactive and Iterative Approaches
- Series Title Studies in Big Data
- Series Abbreviated Title Studies in Big Data
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-16829-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-16828-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-36490-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-16829-6
- Series ISSN 2197-6503
- Series E-ISSN 2197-6511
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 368
- Number of Illustrations 88 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site