Table of contents
About this book
Written by outstanding experts in the fields of marine engineering, atmospheric physics and chemistry, fluid dynamics and applied mathematics, the contributions in this book cover a wide range of subjects, from pure mathematics to real-world applications in the oil spill engineering business. Offering a truly interdisciplinary approach, the authors present both mathematical models and state-of-the-art numerical methods for adequately solving the partial differential equations involved, as well as highly practical experiments involving actual cases of ocean oil pollution. It is indispensable that different disciplines of mathematics, like analysis and numerics, together with physics, biology, fluid dynamics, environmental engineering and marine science, join forces to solve today’s oil pollution problems.
The book will be of great interest to researchers and graduate students in the environmental sciences, mathematics and physics, showing the broad range of techniques needed in order to solve these pollution problems; and to practitioners working in the oil spill pollution industry, offering them a professional reference resource.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-16459-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-16458-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-16459-5
- Series Print ISSN 2199-1138
- Series Online ISSN 2199-1146
- Buy this book on publisher's site