Table of contents
About this book
This volume features research and case studies across a variety of industries to showcase technological innovations and policy initiatives designed to promote renewable energy and sustainable economic development. The first section focuses on policies for the adoption of renewable energy technologies, the second section covers the evaluation of energy efficiency programs, and the final section provides evaluations of energy technology innovations.
Environmental concerns, energy availability, and political pressure have prompted governments to look for alternative energy resources that can minimize the undesirable effects for current energy systems. For example, shifting away from conventional fuel resources and increasing the percentage of electricity generated from renewable resources, such as solar and wind power, is an opportunity to guarantee lower CO2 emissions and to create better economic opportunities for citizens in the long run.Including discussions of such of timely topics and issues as global warming, bio-fuels, and nuclear energy, the editors and contributors to this book provide a wealth of insights and recommendations for sustainable energy innovations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-16033-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-16032-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-16033-7
- Series Print ISSN 2197-5698
- Series Online ISSN 2197-5701
- Buy this book on publisher's site