About this book
This book is devoted to fractional thermoelasticity, i.e. thermoelasticity based on the heat conduction equation with differential operators of fractional order. Readers will discover how time-fractional differential operators describe memory effects and space-fractional differential operators deal with the long-range interaction. Fractional calculus, generalized Fourier law, axisymmetric and central symmetric problems and many relevant equations are featured in the book.
The latest developments in the field are included and the reader is brought up to date with current research. The book contains a large number of figures, to show the characteristic features of temperature and stress distributions and to represent the whole spectrum of order of fractional operators.
This work presents a picture of the state-of-the-art of fractional thermoelasticity and is suitable for specialists in applied mathematics, physics, geophysics, elasticity, thermoelasticity and engineering sciences. Corresponding sections of the book may also be used as additional reading material for courses on heat and mass transfer, continuum mechanics, thermal stresses as well as in fractional calculus and its applications for graduate and postgraduate students. Extensive references are included in order to stimulate further studies.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15335-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-15334-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-15335-3
- Series Print ISSN 0925-0042
- Series Online ISSN 2214-7764
- Buy this book on publisher's site