About this book
This must-read text/reference provides a practical guide to processes involved in the development and application of dynamic simulation models, covering a wide range of issues relating to testing, verification and validation. Illustrative example problems in continuous system simulation are presented throughout the book, supported by extended case studies from a number of interdisciplinary applications.
Topics and features:
- Provides an emphasis on practical issues of model quality and validation, along with questions concerning the management of simulation models, the use of model libraries, and generic models
- Contains numerous step-by-step examples
- Presents detailed case studies, often with accompanying datasets for readers to use in model validation and testing exercises
- Includes discussion of hybrid models, which involve a combination of continuous system and discrete-event descriptions
- Examines experimental modeling approaches that involve system identification and parameter estimation, emphasizing the practical importance of more theoretical concepts such as identifiability and test input design
- Offers supplementary material at an associated website, including links for readers without prior experience in this field to expand their background knowledge
This highly useful, hands-on work will be of great benefit to practitioners and professionals who use simulation and modeling techniques in their work, as well as to students in graduate-level courses on modeling and simulation.
Dr. David Murray-Smith is an Emeritus Professor and Honorary Senior Research Fellow at the University of Glasgow.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15099-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-15098-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-15099-4
- Series Print ISSN 2195-2817
- Series Online ISSN 2195-2825
- Buy this book on publisher's site