Table of contents
About this book
This edited volume offers a collection of papers that presents a comparative analysis of the development of Shari’a in countries with Muslim minorities, such as America, Australia, China, Germany, Italy, Singapore, South Africa and the Philippines, as well as countries with Muslim majorities, such as Malaysia, Bangladesh, Turkey, and Tunisia.
The Sociology of Shari’a provides a global analysis of these important legal transformations and examines the topic from a sociological perspective.
In addition, the third part of the book includes case studies that explore some ground-breaking applications of theoretical perspectives such as those from Chambliss and Eisenstadt.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-09605-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-09604-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-09605-6
- Series Print ISSN 2214-5281
- Series Online ISSN 2214-529X
- Buy this book on publisher's site