About this book
The book summarizes the results of solar cosmic ray (SCR) investigations since 1942. The present monograph, unlike the reviews published earlier, treats the problem in self-contained form, in all its associations—from fundamental astrophysical aspects to geophysical, aeronautical and cosmonautical applications.
It includes a large amount of new data, accumulated during the last several decades of space research. As a result of the "information burst" in space physics, there are a lot of new interesting theoretical concepts, models and ideas that deserve attention.
The author gives an extensive bibliography, which covers non-partially the main achievements and failures in this field. The book will be helpful for a wide audience of space physicists and it will be relevant to graduate and postgraduate courses.
The book will serve as a reference work for researchers and students in solar physics and astrophysical plasma physics, as well as in cosmic rays physics, astroparticle physics, space science, solar-terrestrial relations, geophysics and those researching space weather problems, especially the problems of radiation hazard in space.
- Book Title Solar Cosmic Rays
- Book Subtitle Fundamentals and Applications
- Series Title Astrophysics and Space Science Library
- Series Abbreviated Title Astrophysics, Space Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-09429-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-09428-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-37435-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-09429-8
- Series ISSN 0067-0057
- Series E-ISSN 2214-7985
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XV, 521
- Number of Illustrations 145 b/w illustrations, 17 illustrations in colour
Space Sciences (including Extraterrestrial Physics, Space Exploration and Astronautics)
Particle and Nuclear Physics
Effects of Radiation/Radiation Protection
- Buy this book on publisher's site