About this book
This book develops an IT strategy for cloud computing that helps businesses evaluate their readiness for cloud services and calculate the ROI. The framework provided helps reduce risks involved in transitioning from traditional “on site” IT strategy to virtual “cloud computing.” Since the advent of cloud computing, many organizations have made substantial gains implementing this innovation. Cloud computing allows companies to focus more on their core competencies, as IT enablement is taken care of through cloud services.
Cloud Computing and ROI: A New Framework for IT Strategy includes case studies covering retail, automobile and food processing industries. Each of these case studies have successfully implemented the cloud computing framework, and their strategies are explained. As cloud computing may not be ideal for all businesses, criteria is also offered to help determine if this strategy should be adopted.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-08663-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-08662-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-08663-7
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8096
- Series Online ISSN 2192-810X
- About this book