Table of contents
About these proceedings
This volume contains the proceedings from the conference "The Labyrinth of Star Formation" that was held in Crete, Greece, in June 2012, to honour the contributions to the study of star formation made by Professor Anthony Whitworth of Cardiff University.
The book covers many aspects of theoretical and observational star formation: low-mass star formation; young circumstellar discs; computational methods; triggered star formation; the stellar initial mass function; high-mass star formation; and stellar clusters. Each section starts with a review paper, followed by papers discussing recent theoretical and observational work.
This volume summarises our current understanding of star formation and is useful for both graduate students and researchers alike.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-03041-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-03040-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-03041-8
- Series Print ISSN 1570-6591
- Series Online ISSN 1570-6605
- Buy this book on publisher's site