Table of contents
About this book
This book offers new reflections on the life world, from both phenomenological and hermeneutic perspectives. It presents a prism for a new philosophy of science and technology, especially including the social sciences but also the environment as well as questions of ethics and philosophical aesthetics in addition to exploring the themes of theology and religion.
Inspired by the many contributions made by the philosopher Joseph Kockelmans, this book examines the past, present, and future prospects of hermeneutic phenomenology. It raises key questions of truth and method as well as highlights both continental and analytic traditions of philosophy.
Contributors to The Multidimensionality of Hermeneutic Phenomenology include leading scholars in the field as well as new voices representing analytic philosophers of science, hermeneutic and phenomenological philosophers of science, scholars of comparative literature, theorists of environmental studies, specialists in phenomenological ethics, and experts in classical hermeneutics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-01707-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Philosophy and Religion (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-01706-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-01707-5
- Series Print ISSN 0923-9545
- Buy this book on publisher's site