Table of contents
About this book
TransAct gathers some 70 contributions – artistic works and texts – by international artists, intellectuals, and scientists. Transnational Activities in the Cultural Field emerged as a reaction on the political situation of Austria in the year 2000. Contributors articulated a protest against the government participation of Jörg Haider’s populist right-wing party FPÖ as well as a statement against cultural isolation.
The top-class series featuring contributions by John Baldessari, Anna and Bernhard Blume, Christian Boltanski, Pierre Bourdieu, Günter Brus, Douglas Gordon, Alexander Kluge, Oswald Oberhuber, Lawrence Weiner, Slavoj Žižek, and many others was curated by Cathrin Pichler and implemented by the internationally renowned Vienna based art club museum in progress.
Published as series in the daily paper Der Standard in 2000/2001, the contributions are now presented as a historical documentation in book form. Against the backdrop of political conditions in Europe, many texts and works are as relevant as they were ten years ago.
- Book Title TransAct
- Book Subtitle Transnational Activities in the Cultural Field Interventionen zur Lage in Österreich museum in progress
- Series Title Edition Transfer
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-211-99801-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Vienna 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-211-99800-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-211-99801-4
- Series ISSN 1611-1885
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages , 513
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Regional and Cultural Studies
Social Sciences, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site