About this book
- Book Title Basic Classes of Linear Operators
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-7980-4
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Verlag 2003
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Basel
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-7643-6930-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-0348-7980-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 423
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
"With a name like Gohberg–Goldberg–Kaashoek, it has got to be good. But let me count the ways. If you are interested in learning the basic theories of Hilbert and Banach spaces together with the well-known operators that act on them, this book is for you. It is intended for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students in mathematics.... The volume is actually a second edition of Basic Operator Theory by Gohberg and Goldberg.... Exercises and examples have been added.... The text is well written, clear, and readable.... A student at the specified level will have no difficulty understanding the presentation."
"The material is presented in a very clear way, emphasizing concepts over technical generalities. Another pleasant feature of the book is the large number of examples and exercises. In summary, the authors have successfully found an interesting way from the elementary level to some of the highlights of operator theory."
- Monatshefte für Mathematik