About this book
This book systematically presents recent fundamental results on greedy approximation with respect to bases.
Motivated by numerous applications, the last decade has seen great successes in studying nonlinear sparse approximation. Recent findings have established that greedy-type algorithms are suitable methods of nonlinear approximation in both sparse approximation with respect to bases and sparse approximation with respect to redundant systems. These insights, combined with some previous fundamental results, form the basis for constructing the theory of greedy approximation. Taking into account the theoretical and practical demand for this kind of theory, the book systematically elaborates a theoretical framework for greedy approximation and its applications.The book addresses the needs of researchers working in numerical mathematics, harmonic analysis, and functional analysis. It quickly takes the reader from classical results to the latest frontier, but is written at the level of a graduate course and does not require a broad background in the field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0890-3
- Copyright Information Springer Basel 2015
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-0889-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-0890-3
- Series Print ISSN 2297-0304
- Series Online ISSN 2297-0312
- Buy this book on publisher's site