Table of contents
About this book
The essential question that fractal dimensions attempt to answer is about the scales in Nature. For a system as non-idealistic and complex as a protein, studying scale-invariance becomes particularly important.
Fractal Symmetry of Protein Exterior investigates the diverse facets of the various scales at which we describe protein biophysical and biochemical phenomena. Although these ideas are entirely mathematical, mathematical expositions have been avoided, unless the use of some expressions becomes absolutely obligatory. A first chapter introduce into fractal dimensions, protein exteriors and to methods to study the roughness of surfaces. The main topics covered in the following chapters include: protein-protein interaction interfaces; protein surface-roughness and local shape as well as adhesion on protein and other rough biomolecular surfaces.
- Book Title Fractal Symmetry of Protein Exterior
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Biochem.,Mol.Biol.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0654-1
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Basel
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-0348-0653-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-0348-0654-1
- Series ISSN 2211-9353
- Series E-ISSN 2211-9361
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 55
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 2 illustrations in colour
Math. Applications in Chemistry
- Buy this book on publisher's site