Table of contents
About this book
The essential question that fractal dimensions attempt to answer is about the scales in Nature. For a system as non-idealistic and complex as a protein, studying scale-invariance becomes particularly important.
Fractal Symmetry of Protein Interior investigates the diverse facets of the various scales at which we describe protein biophysical and biochemical phenomena. Following a thorough introduction to fractal dimensions, fractal-dimension-based approaches, that have been employed to study protein interior biophysical properties, are described. The focus is on the question “which scales are scale-invariant?” Investigations related to scaling of biophysical and biochemical behaviors may one day help us to formulate a fundamental theory about protein biophysics; which, in turn, may help us to understand fundamental principles of proteins.
- Book Title Fractal Symmetry of Protein Interior
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Biochem.,Mol.Biol.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0651-0
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Basel
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-0348-0650-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-0348-0651-0
- Series ISSN 2211-9353
- Series E-ISSN 2211-9361
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 84
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 15 illustrations in colour
Math. Applications in Chemistry
- Buy this book on publisher's site