About this book
The book presents the modern state of the art in the mathematical theory of compressible Navier-Stokes equations, with particular emphasis on applications to aerodynamics. The topics covered include: modeling of compressible viscous flows; modern mathematical theory of nonhomogeneous boundary value problems for viscous gas dynamics equations; applications to optimal shape design in aerodynamics; kinetic theory for equations with oscillating data; new approach to the boundary value problems for transport equations.
The monograph offers a comprehensive and self-contained introduction to recent mathematical tools designed to handle the problems arising in the theory.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0367-0
- Copyright Information Springer Basel 2012
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-0366-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-0367-0