Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a comprehensive introduction to Soergel bimodules. First introduced by Wolfgang Soergel in the early 1990s, they have since become a powerful tool in geometric representation theory. On the one hand, these bimodules are fairly elementary objects and explicit calculations are possible. On the other, they have deep connections to Lie theory and geometry. Taking these two aspects together, they offer a wonderful primer on geometric representation theory. In this book the reader is introduced to the theory through a series of lectures, which range from the basics, all the way to the latest frontiers of research.
This book serves both as an introduction and as a reference guide to the theory of Soergel bimodules. Thus it is intended for anyone who wants to learn about this exciting field, from graduate students to experienced researchers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-48826-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-48825-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-48826-0
- Series Print ISSN 2509-8888
- Series Online ISSN 2509-8896
- Buy this book on publisher's site