About this book
This book addresses the design of compliant mechanisms, presenting readers with a good understanding of both the solid mechanics of ﬂexible elements and their configuration design, based on a mechanism-equivalent approach in the framework of screw theory.
The book begins with the theoretical background of screw theory, and systematically addresses both the compliance characteristics of flexible elements and their configuration design. The book then covers a broad range of compliant parallel mechanism design topics, from stiffness to constraint decomposition, from conceptual design to dimensional design, and from analysis to synthesis, as well as the large deformation problem; this is followed by both simulations and physical experiments, offering readers a solid foundation and useful tools. Given its scope and the results it presents, the book will certainly benefit and inform future research on the topic. It offers a valuable asset for researchers, developers, engineers and graduate students with an interest in compliant mechanisms, robotics and screw theory.
Screw Theory Compliant Mechanisms Compliant Parallel Mechanisms Optimization of Compliant Parallel Mechanisms Compliance Parameterization
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-48313-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2021
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-48312-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-48313-5
- Series Print ISSN 1610-7438
- Series Online ISSN 1610-742X
- Buy this book on publisher's site