About this book
This textbook will support graduate students with learning materials rich in the basic concepts of stem cell biology, in its most widespread and updated perspective. The chapters are conceived in a way for students to understand the meaning of pluripotency, the definition of embryonic stem cells and the formation of multicellular structures such as organoids together with the underlying principles of their epigenetic. This textbook also discusses adult stem cells and the potential use of these cells, in particular neural, mesenchymal, and several types of muscular cells, in biomedical research and clinical applications.
This textbook represents a vital complement to the text on Essential Current Concepts of Stem Cell Biology, also published in the Learning Materials in Biosciences textbook series.
stem cells embryo pluripotency and reprogramming tissue regeneration genomics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-43939-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-43938-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-43939-2
- Series Print ISSN 2509-6125
- Series Online ISSN 2509-6133
- Buy this book on publisher's site