Table of contents
About this book
This book details the major artificial lift methods that can be applied to hydrocarbon reservoirs with declining pressure. These include: the sucker rod pump, gas lift, electrical submersible pump, progressive cavity pump, and plunger lift.
The design and applications, as well as troubleshooting, are discussed for each method, and examples, exercises and design projects are provided in order to support the concepts discussed in each chapter. The problems associated with oil recovery in horizontal wells are also explored, and the author proposes solutions to address the various extraction challenges that these wells present.
The book represents a timely response to the difficulties associated with unconventional oil sources and declining wells, offering a valuable resource for students of petroleum engineering, as well as hydrocarbon recovery researchers and practicing engineers in the petroleum industry.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-40720-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-40719-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-40720-9
- Series Print ISSN 2366-2646
- Series Online ISSN 2366-2654
- Buy this book on publisher's site