Table of contents
About this book
Adolescent homelessness is a growing problem that results in a variety of health challenges. This text is a practical resource designed to promote effective interdisciplinary health and social care interventions targeting adolescents who are homeless or at risk for homelessness. It is based on extensive interdisciplinary experience, reviews of pertinent research and insights and contributions of leading professionals who are directly involved in the care of these young people.
Divided into four main sections, Section 1: (Chapters 1-7) section one is a review of the structure and professional involvement of program models targeting youth experiencing or at risk for homelessness to encourage broader understanding and utilization of principles and practices underlying effective programs and identify replicable components. Section 2: (Chapters 8-16) Section two is clinically focused with recommendations for working with adolescents and youth experiencing homelessness and interventions for common and significant medical and mental health conditions, and substance use disorders. Section 3: (Chapter 17) Reviews international agreements regarding stabilization and care of refugee youth and families, description of experiences of refugee children and youth in developed countries, and an outline of conditions from which refugee youth and families have left. Section 4: (Chapters 18 and 19) Engagement of homeless youth in research and future research directions to address needs of youth experiencing homelessness.
Written by experts from a variety of disciplines, Clinical Care for Homeless, Runaway and Refugee Youth is a first of its kind text for physicians, social workers, public health workers and any other individual that works directly with these vulnerable populations.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Clinical Care for Homeless, Runaway and Refugee Youth
- Book Subtitle Intervention Approaches, Education and Research Directions
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-40675-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-40674-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-40677-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-40675-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 443
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 42 illustrations in colour
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Practice and Hospital Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site