About this book
This book provides a practical clinical case-based review of right heart failure. Cases of common and rarely encountered presentations of right heart failure are covered. Featured cases include right heart failure due to pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary embolism, valvular heart disease, myocardial infarction and congenital heart disease as well as how to differentiate new onset right heart failure from left heart failure. The medical management and mechanical support of right ventricular failure utilizing percutaneous and surgical techniques is reviewed along with the latest palliative and rehabilitation strategies.
Clinical Cases in Right Heart Failure features a wealth of common and unusual case presentations of right heart failure and its clinical management, providing an ideal resource for trainees and practicing clinicians who encounter these patients.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Clinical Cases in Right Heart Failure
Maxwell E. Afari
- Series Title Clinical Cases in Cardiology
- Series Abbreviated Title Clinic. Cases in Cardiol.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-38662-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-38661-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-38662-7
- Series ISSN 2523-3009
- Series E-ISSN 2523-3017
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 267
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 46 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“This is an excellent reference book for cardiologists, internists, mid-level providers, heart failure specialists, researchers, and trainees interested in right heart failure. It is a great source of education for understanding the right heart conditions that can cause heart failure and various modalities for management.” (Pradnya B Bhattad, Doody’s Book Reviews, August 21, 2020)