About this book
Business decisions are not just based on abstract theories or models. They reflect a world view of how a company operates and the philosophy of management that it follows. Even denying any connection between management and values is a philosophical statement in itself.
Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño, President of the prestigious IE Business School, looks to the greatest female philosophers from modern history to help us bring purpose and meaning back into the workplace and management education. He shows how their pioneering work can be applied in specific situations, from Iris Murdoch’s emphasis on compassion to Hannah Arendt’s work on making the world more human, each philosopher can, in a very practical way, help inform your own approach to work and life.
Packed with examples, personal stories and anecdotes from some of the world’s most influential companies and women in business, this book examines how the contributions from female philosophers stand up in the real world, helping to drive inclusion, diversity and ultimately, innovation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-36379-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-36378-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-36379-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site