Table of contents
About this book
This handbook examines pediatric consultation-liaison psychology in pediatric medical settings. It offers a brief history of pediatric psychologists’ delivery of consultation-liaison services. The handbook provides an overview of roles, models, and configurations of pediatric psychology practice in diverse inpatient and outpatient medical settings. Chapters discuss the most frequently seen major pediatric conditions encountered in consultation practice. Coverage includes evaluation, intervention, and treatment of each condition. Each clinical condition addresses the referral problem in the context of history and family dynamics. In addition, chapters address important aspects of the management of a consultation-liaison service and provide contextual issues in delivering evidence-based services in hospital and medical settings.
Topics featured in this handbook include:
- The role of assessment in the often fast-paced medical environment.
- Modifications of approaches in the context of disorders of development.
- Consultation on pediatric gender identity.
- The presentation of child maltreatment in healthcare settings.
- The use of technological innovations in pediatric psychological consultation.
- Important ethical considerations in consultation-liaison practice.
Clinical Handbook of Psychological Consultation in Pediatric Medical Settings is a must-have resource for clinicians and related professionals as well as researchers, professors, and graduate students in pediatric and clinical child and adolescent psychology, pediatrics, social work, developmental psychology, child and adolescent psychiatry, and related disciplines.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Clinical Handbook of Psychological Consultation in Pediatric Medical Settings
Bryan D. Carter
Kristin A. Kullgren
- Series Title Issues in Clinical Child Psychology
- Series Abbreviated Title Issues Clinical Child Psychology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35598-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-35597-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-35600-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-35598-2
- Series ISSN 1574-0471
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 529
- Number of Illustrations 30 b/w illustrations, 13 illustrations in colour
Child and School Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“This book is excellent because it addresses an important topic with which psychologists may be asked to assist, either due to an emergency situation or as a career option. … It is written by experts in the field and will be a great addition to the libraries of professionals and researchers who consult with other disciplines.” (Gary B Kaniuk, Doody’s Book Reviews, August 21, 2020)