About this book
This book presents asymptotic methods for boundary-value problems (linear and semilinear, elliptic and parabolic) in so-called thick multi-level junctions. These complicated structures appear in a large variety of applications.A concise and readable introduction to the topic, the book provides a full review of the literature as well as a presentation of results of the authors, including the homogenization of boundary-value problems in thick multi-level junctions with non-Lipschitz boundaries, and the construction of approximations for solutions to semilinear problems.
Including end-of-chapter conclusions discussing the results and their physical interpretations, this book will be of interest to researchers and graduate students in asymptotic analysis and applied mathematics as well as to physicists, chemists and engineers interested in processes such as heat and mass transfer.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35537-1
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-35536-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-35537-1
- Series Print ISSN 2191-8198
- Series Online ISSN 2191-8201
- Buy this book on publisher's site