About this book
This book offers significant managerial and economic knowledge on hospitals, and will serve as a valuable tool for explaining complicated managerial and economical problems, and for facilitating decision-making processes. It bridges management and economic sciences - two complementary sciences that feed the process of making rational decisions. With particular reference to the education, the main aim of this book is to provide students of relevant schools and departments with the knowledge (managerial and economic) that will enable them to deal both efficiently and effectively with the real problems arising in a health care organization such as a hospital. In particular, by equipping students with appropriate managerial and economic knowledge, the aim is to give them a clear understanding of HOW to deal with the diverse and complex problems of hospitals while at the same time helping them to develop strategic approaches that will make hospitals more efficient and sustainable.
- Includes approaches to strategic planning in the health care sector.
- Offers a definition of Total Quality Management (TQM) and how to implement it in health care unites.
- Focuses on the distinction between for-profit and not-for-profit hospitals and public hospitals.
health care health care units TQM for-profit hospitals not-for-profit hospitals public hospitals financing hospitals
- Book Title Strategic Management and Economics in Health Care
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35370-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-35369-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-35372-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-35370-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 264
- Number of Illustrations 4 b/w illustrations, 44 illustrations in colour
Health Care Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site